Mary Poppins: It's Over! And it was Magical.


     Hello my dear friends!! So by this point in time I have accepted the fact that I won't be blogging as much as I would like; a fact that I'm sure all of you beautiful people accepted months before I did. But I shall do my best to pop in from time to time, and we can chat and ramble like the old days. Sound good? Good.

  So it's June 13, and tomorrow, it will be a month since the last performance of Mary Poppins. It's rather hard to believe that a few months ago I was posting about my excitement of getting a role, and here I am now, writing about how it's all over now, and how much I loved it.

Because it is over, and I did love it. Desperately.

   I have lots of pictures to show, and even some video *gasps* and so I'll just get started right away with sharing some of the magic that was created.

Mary Poppins flying away in the final scene. The Banks and Bert look on. 

P.S. These first seven pictures are from a scene called The Talking Shop, in which Mary Poppins, Bert, and the Banks children visit Mrs. Corry and her twin daughters in order to buy conversations.






See that?? That girl with the funny red hat and the little greenish bustle? THAT'S ME *squeals*


Mary Poppins taking the children's measurements


Toys come to life in Playing the Game 

Von Hussler at the Bank 

Mr. and Mrs. Banks 

Mrs. Banks 

Bert and the Chimney Sweeps in Step in Time 

Bert and the children in Let's Go Fly a Kite 

Full Cast at the end of Jolly Holiday 
    And so those are all the pictures of the performance. I'm so endlessly grateful for this opportunity that I had; it was one of the most wonderful, special and magical things I have ever been a part of. I will treasure this show forever as my introduction to the amazing world of theatre, and I absolutely cannot wait till my next show, because trust me, there will be many more!! 
   
    Many thanks to JPB Photography and Scott Williams Photography for the stunning photos!!! And now I leave you with the short little trailer of the show. 



Comments

  1. YAY YAY YAY!!!! Congrats on the whole thing (it looks so good!)!!!! That's really so exciting that you ventured out to do such a fun thing. :) The show itself looks really professional and I wish I could have seen it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! Yes, for a community theatre, it is rather professional, which is so neat!! Aww I wish you could have seen it too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment